Download the 2022 Global Mental Health Report.
Get exclusive insight into trends of employee mental health in North America, Europe and the APAC region.
Employee mental health around the world has suffered, particularly in the last two years. This TELUS Health Global Mental Health report provides insights on the soaring mental health crisis and recommendations on how to adapt your wellbeing strategy to proactively support your employees.
What to expect from this report
- Insights into global trends affecting employee mental health from the cost-of-living crisis, inflation, Ukraine conflict and impact of the pandemic
- Explore regional differences in mental health challenges and mindsets, including attitudinal and behavioural differences and the return on investment of mental health services
- Learn more how wellbeing solutions such as Employee Assistance Programmes can positively impact employees' productivity
Discover the global trends that are threatening employee mental health.
The cost of burnout.
- 48% of Europeans are feeling more sensitive to stress
- 37% of US employees end their workday feeling mentally or physically exhausted
- 26% of Australians are unable to disconnect from work after usual work hour
- 35% of Canadian employees are unmotivated to do their work
The silent epidemic
- 33% of UK employees that use alcohol have increased their consumption during the pandemic
- 29% of US employees are unmotivated to do their work
- 15% of Australian report that their mental health/wellbeing most negatively impacts the effort given to work
The hidden cost of inflation.
Inflation is the leading cause of stress for
- 34% of UK employees
- 30% of Singaporean employees
- 28% of European employees
- 26% of Australian employees
Explore how employees are seeking mental health & wellbeing support.
- Over one third of Employee Assistance Program (EAP) calls in 2021 and 2022 were for personal stress, anxiety, or depression
- Two thirds of employees being assessed as having higher than average levels of stress are actively taking steps to lower stress levels going forward
- Wellbeing assessments captured that steps were being taken to improve upon negative mental health
Uncover the impact of EAP on workforce performance & engagement.
The Workplace Outcome Suite data, an industry standard, demonstrates that EAP counselling benefits employees and employers.
- The average counselling case reduces work absenteeism by 57%
- 40% of lost productive time is recovered following the average counselling case
- 1-2% utilisation rate per year is sufficient to yield savings to cover the entire cost of the EAP budget. In fact, the ROI for EAP, in 2020, was $5.04:1